Dynamic DNS is a technology that enables users to update the IP address of a domain in real time. To fully understand how Dynamic DNS operates, firstly it is relatively crucial to understand domain names and name servers. All website domain names are held on computer servers known as name servers. These servers with the help of a Domain Name System (DNS) server change the domain name into a form more easily recognized by a computer, an Internet Protocol (IP) Address.
Benefits of Dynamic DNS:
- More flexible with its features
- Allow domain names to be accessed from servers that have dynamic or varying IP addresses
- Allow people and other websites to connect to a particular server without having to track that particular server’s IP address
- Unnecessary to set a new static Internet Protocol address each time network settings change
- Eliminates the need to save addresses for offline network devices too.